Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control

I am installing a LS1 in a 62 Corvette with a 4L60E trans.
A friend of mine told me that I could have cruise control on my car because it is controled by the computer. He said that all I would have to have was whichever type switch (in steering colum or mounted on dash) I wanted and that would all that I needed.
Is this correct, I haven't had the extra wires removed from my harness yet so I guess that I would need to let the person that is going to do this know, right.
Any and all help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Wade
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an electronic throttle your freind is correct. If you have a cable throttle you will need the cruise control module from an F-Body or other car that is compatible. I have the electronic throttle in mine and once I found the right turn signal stalk/cruise switch it worked great. My harness was made by Speartech to include the cruise control.

Pat
Old 03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control

Thanks Pat. BTW I have a 57 silver hawk that I may get around to updating with a sbc one day. I like your ride.
Wade
Old 03-18-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Wade,

Mine had a 350 in it before I did the LS1 swap. The LSx motors go great in these cars, better choice than the sbc. Even the 5.3 would be a great combo. I know one at a time right? Good luck on your Vette.

Pat

Quick Reply: Cruise control