Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

new gear swap noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new gear swap noise

I just had a new posi with about 40k on it, and 3.42s with about 60k on them installed a week ago. They have been working fine and great, but sometimes after I just beat on them (floor it a few times, floor it at high speeds, ect) I get back to my apt and when I turn, the make creeking sounds and such. Is this normal?

I realize they dont come from the same car, and I thought it might just be an affect of two seperate parts put together, but is it really supposed to do that, and is it hurting anything? Im just wondering if this is somthing I should go back to my installer and have corrected, or live with. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem also. I think I just need to do an install kit on mine.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Im pretty sure the guy did use one.. I know I think he said he kept the ABS ring, and possibly somthing else.

Is it wearing the gears or anything that would possibly do damage? Im thinking I should just find out wether I need to go back to him and get it fixed before I wait too long.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Teching In

ttt..