Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

codes, o2 sensor P0135 and P1258

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default codes, o2 sensor P0135 and P1258

so i put a cam, long tubes and true duals on. then i get it tuned at tsp. then i throw an o2 sensor code, which is fine and also a P1258 fuel air controller meter malfunction. tsp told me its usually the coolant temp sensor. so i buy one from scoggin dickey take it apart and its the wrong sensor so i clean it up and put the old one back in and take the bank one (front left) o2 sensor out and use one of my rear o2 sensors in its place since its the same sensor just a little longer. well now i still have the same codes....now why would i still be throwing an o2 code? im not going to go buy a new o2 sensor when i know its just gonna keep throwing that code. anyone else have problems like this after installing a cam?
Old 03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
FormerVendor

It is not uncommon to have O2 errors particularly after a header install. How do you know the SDPC sensor was the 'wrong' one, and did you reset your codes after swapping the O2's? Sometimes swapping the O2's won't work just because of age/mileage on the sensor. The P0135 code is specifically related to cold starts. Some have had success with the Bosch 13111's, others have turned this code and some of the switching codes off (P1133/1153), you can try header wrap, etc.

Double check your exhaust connections as well.

P1258 is definitely ECT related. You might find this info helpful in further diagnosing the ECT sensor issue.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Launching!

I had the same problem with the 02's after a header install, only thing that fixed it was wrapping my header to keep 02 hot...
Old 03-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

the sdpc temp sensor was wrong because it was the wrong size all together it was too big. and the o2 problem is pissing me off lol. i reset the codes the first go round. but then light came back on and i havnt got them read to see if its both codes still of just 1 but i have a feeling its both. there for a while my service engine soon light would come on as well and the service vehicle light but both would only come on after about 3 or 4 min of driving and i warm the car up for about 10-15 min b4 i drive it. but now only the service engine soon light comes on after about 3 or 4 min. so i duno im gonna try and find the right sensor replace it and read the codes and try a new o2 sensor i guess. my car was dyno tuned with o2 sensors i would like to just open the loop but i dont wanna screw up the way it runs. in fact i dont even know if im getting full potential right now. it feels fast but who knows if i might have more power thats not getting made right now because of my air/fuel being thrown off by that temp sensor and also that o2 can screw things up too

Quick Reply: codes, o2 sensor P0135 and P1258