Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Opinions Needed Asap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 06:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions Needed Asap!

I want to get the complete f body lowering system, can anyone tell me if this is a good setup and after the lower control arms and panhard bar if im still goin to need shocks. let me know

http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...vid=3&pcid=226
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Yes you will need shocks. Konis or Bilstien revalves. So make sure you consider that a factor before buying this. Shocks will cost more than that whole package.

Don't get the sportlines if you care about your ride quality the slightest bit.

I wouldn't get this setup personally. The BMR poly end panhard bars I've heard have a tendency to break at the ends.

You don't need relocation brackets. They can be used to help cure a wheelhop problem. I would consider a torque arm first because the angle the ctrl arms are set at people say aren't good for road race handling.

It's not a bad little package they slap together, but you get what you pay for.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I put together a few handling packages that can found on my website, which include Revalves or Koni's. The HP kits I did don't have LCA brackets, but we can add them if you wish, no problem. And the kits are built around my springs which are on backorder, but if you like we can substitute Hotchkis or Eibach springs for them.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When it comes to "lowering kits", all you need is springs and shocks. Focus on those and save any other parts for later.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

I actually saw Sam's handling kits. I'd definitely recommend them over the Thunderracing kit. No offense to TR but that's not a very good kit. Doesn't even include any type of shock.