Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking For H/C set-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking For H/C set-up

I need some recommendations on a head/cam set-up for my transplant. The motor is a 2002 LS1 w/t56 which powers my '69 Camaro. I have 1 7/8" Stainless Long tube headers from Kook's, no rear cats, 3.64 gear, and of course this isn't my daily driver. I want it to at least be streetable enough to take out on the interstate as well as open track day events. I'm not opposed to putting a little spray on it either. Nothing else has been done to the motor which only has 4500 miles on it,but I'm willing to compliment the H/C set-up with other parts if needed such as timing chain, oil pump, intake, throttle body, clutch etc. I have EFI Live and can get the tune no problem. Right now the car has a few more fabrication issues to get taken care then it is headed for paint so I want to start this thought process now.

After searching the forum, I've seen a lot of people using TSP products with success and have checked their website as well as Patriot's, Futral's, Speed Inc.s and others. I just would like some advice for my unique situation. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are alot of cam grinds out there, I think something in the 230's duration with decent lift and at a 112 LSa would really wake the car up. Would respond very well with spray and put out decent #'s, Depending on the rear it could be 400 rwhp. As for heads, there are some good choices out there, I am waiting for L92 stuff, but I was eyeing TFS heads even with the change of rocker required Yellow Terra makes lighter rockers that would fit the bill nicely.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input. I'll start checking the differences in the grinds based on what i'm looking for. I'll wait until some people get some more experience using the L92 stuff before looking at that as an option.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

you can't use L92 heads on an LS1, the bore is too small. Vengeance Racing has had some outstanding numbers and really good midrange especially for such huge cams. If I had the money I'd get a ported 90/90, TFS 215 heads, and a vengeance vindicator with all the supporting valve train components.

good luck with your build
AJ
Old 03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
11 Second Club

A Futral F14 high lift setup with some Dart 225s is a nice combo to have. I personally went smaller with the regular F14 and Dart 205. My car still made 452 rwhp 423 rwtq with that setup. If you have the extra cash a set of TFS heads would be nice.