Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck/van harness tach/speedo signal

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck/van harness tach/speedo signal

Did a search and cant seem to find what I am looking for. I am trying to find out what wires to use for my tach/speedo signals. The engine/trans are out of a 2006 express van. I would imagine the harness is the same as a truck. I have found a few posts that list a 5 volt signal from an F body harness for the tach signal. Would I just need to locate this wire in the IP harness or the chassis to engine harness to run my tach? As far as the speedo goes could not come up with much of anything search wise either. The trans is an 80. I do have a list of the harness connectors but the only wire I can see that might be what I need would be the TFT sensor signal. I would like to find out the correct wire before I just go hooking things up. Other than these two minor issues the wiring was very simple and other than forgetting to hook up the crank sensor the car started right up.
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Well the tach is a white wire, and the green/white is the vss. If you go to the sticky's at the top of this page then you will find a pinout for the pcm which is close to the same for truck van camaro vet once you get that far then you can go from there. I have diagrams at the shop but I'm not there now so this is the most I can help for now.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The tachometer signal should be PCM connector C2 (blue) pin #10, a white wire. I don`t know what voltage it is though. I hooked my tach up to this pin on a 2001 computer an it worked fine once I changed the output to 2 pulse/rev in the computer.

The speedometer depends, many will hook up to the output from the computer, but some will only work if they are connected directly to the VSS. The computer has 2 0utputs, blue connector pin 49 and 50, I believe they are the same signal, but I would have to check the wiring diagrams for that vehicle to see which was the feed for the factory speedometer and which fed the rest of the accys.

Sorry I don`t have the information for which connector those wire exit from, I have the pinouts for a 06 truck, but I haven`t had time to reformat them so I can post them on this site.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I did not know the pinouts were that close. I think on one of my connector lists the VSS is shown on one of the plugs but did not know this was the speedo wire.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Truck/van harness tach/speedo signal