Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where do you guys get stock brake parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where do you guys get stock brake parts?

I am in dire need of brakes all the way around! My brother used to work at a shop for 8+ years and I always got all my stock parts from him. Now he doesn't work there anymore and I need to know where to go to get parts. I have new front rotors and pads, but I need front caliper brackets since mine are rusted shut with the pins. I couldn't find them anywhere, GM apparently sells them for $70 bucks a piece! So I can't do that, I am going to have to find a forum member who has a pair that I could buy I guess.
Well I also need rear brakes too, rotors and pads. Where do you guys go for your stock parts? Who has the best prices? My car is pretty much stock, so I don't need any upgrades etc. I am on a budget, like every college kid, so every penny helps. Anyone know who usually has the best prices? Also any idea where to get front caliper brackets? Thanks!
Jeff
Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.autozone.com
www.pepboys.com
www.advanceautoparts.com

etc etc, any local parts place will sell cheap stock parts
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Ok, I just wasn't sure if there was one specific place, somewhere that had the best deals etc. I have never had to really "shop" for any of my parts. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just get on the phone and call around. Since price is an issue, it would be the most cost effective solution. And check the Sunday paper; sometimes they put the pads and/or fluid on sale.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good, there is a forum member who has full brakes he is selling me for 250 (front and rear: pads, rotors, calipers, brackets and maybe lines?). Although he is a new member, only 6 posts, so I am kind of weary. That seems like a too good to be true deal.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd just hit up a local place, besides the calipers would come with lifetime warranty as well.