LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 LT-1, Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 LT-1, Firehawk

Hey Y'all, I have a 94 LT-1 firehawk, OPTI 1, I have headers and O2 sensors in the collector, bought it this way, last month it began to run rich as all get out and stumble like a drunk sailor with intermittent SES,, repl. OPTI, MAP, KS, and now it runs 80 % less crappy, any you peeps got any ideas? I was told by an ASE MT to use foolers in place of the 2 O2 sensors. I am a carb and dist guy who wreched in the 70's so any help I can get will be great, Walt
Old 03-25-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dalesguy
Hey Y'all, I have a 94 LT-1 firehawk, OPTI 1, I have headers and O2 sensors in the collector, bought it this way, last month it began to run rich as all get out and stumble like a drunk sailor with intermittent SES,, repl. OPTI, MAP, KS, and now it runs 80 % less crappy, any you peeps got any ideas? I was told by an ASE MT to use foolers in place of the 2 O2 sensors. I am a carb and dist guy who wreched in the 70's so any help I can get will be great, Walt
You NEED to get it scanned for codes and DO NOT run o2 sims in place of the o2 sensors. Your o2 sensors tell the computer how much fuel to give the engine, if you ditch them then how will the computer know?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Teching In

Default 94 Lt-1

I have the O2 Sensors in the collectors of my supercomp long tube Hookers, if the PCM senses trouble, it goes to a default A/F ratio of 14.7-1, the foolers get rid of the lite, don't know where to get them, scan states lean in right bank, going back to my race guy tomorrow, I think the O2's might not be getting to 600 degress, this is a '94 and only has pre cat O2's, wish me luck
Old 03-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Default 94 firehawk

I have the O2 Sensors in the collectors of my supercomp long tube Hookers, if the PCM senses trouble, it goes to a default A/F ratio of 14.7-1, the foolers get rid of the lite, don't know where to get them, scan states lean in right bank, going back to my race guy tomorrow, I think the O2's might not be getting to 600 degress, this is a '94 and only has pre cat O2's, wish me luck