Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.8 rocker hp gain, worth getting them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1.8 rocker hp gain, worth getting them?

Well, I really dont want to go through the trouble of installing a new cam in my car, and I drive my car every day, and make a rather long commute to work, and dont have the time to put the car down.

My friend has an LT1 camaro, and would often hit a 14 flat at the strip. He installed 1.7's on his car, and it seemed to wake it up a lot, after a few runs, he did 13.6 if I remember correctly.

Will going to 1.8's be a decent mod for the money? What is the increase on average, with a stock ls1 cam? Will I need new push rods, and valve springs? Will this be ok to spray with, and lastly, what set would be best to look into getting?

Thanks every one.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You will definitely need new springs. The 918's will be the cheapest and easiest to install since you can keep all your other parts (retainers, etc.). I think the Crane rockers are the better choice for this. The kit comes with all the parts, including pushrods which are shorter than stock (7.250"). A lot of guys will suggest a cam instead, but if you don't want to open the motor this may be a good option for you. If you do it, make sure you post your results as a lot of people ask about this.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the search broke?

I know I've made two threads on this and another guy with a white formula got good gains and he always posts in them.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I am going to check it out.