Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 "Style" heads for LS1/6

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 "Style" heads for LS1/6

There was a guy on here a week or so ago and i couldn't find the thread. But he had said "hey guys what about these new LS7 style heads that GM is going to offer for the LS6/1 motor, my buddy was telling me about them" well people flamed the living **** out him for listening to his buddy. I got to thinking about something I saw and flipped open my APR 07 issue of GMHT and sure enough it's there.

GM hasn't okayed the production of them but they are talking about compacting that LS7 design technology into a head that can go on to a sub 4" bore. Just thought I'd throw that out there. have a good one
Old 03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sapper_daddy
There was a guy on here a week or so ago and i couldn't find the thread. But he had said "hey guys what about these new LS7 style heads that GM is going to offer for the LS6/1 motor, my buddy was telling me about them" well people flamed the living **** out him for listening to his buddy. I got to thinking about something I saw and flipped open my APR 07 issue of GMHT and sure enough it's there.

GM hasn't okayed the production of them but they are talking about compacting that LS7 design technology into a head that can go on to a sub 4" bore. Just thought I'd throw that out there. have a good one

He claimed his friend put LS7 heads cam and intake on an LS1 block, then backpeddled and said LS6 heads ported to flow like LS7 heads.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
He claimed his friend put LS7 heads cam and intake on an LS1 block, then backpeddled and said LS6 heads ported to flow like LS7 heads.

Now that's funny!!

Richard
Old 03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

I heard those heads are gonna flow pretty decent and the price will be under $1k.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
you sure? ahh well, just wanted to clear it up a bit I guess but it turns out i'm the one that was confused!

Well speaking about the heads, I have a hard time believing that GM will approve this for production, it just seems like it won't be a huge money maker to them so they will pass it over. At least that is how I feel about their business technique. I'm up set about the new trucks too. I have the money to go get one and start looking, they are all 30K with something nice with a 5.3! AHhh gm what are you nuts doing, I think the only they got right lately was the L92 head....
Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 AM
12 Second Club

yup! L92 heads to compete LS7 and there making them to fir LS1/LS6 woop, woop!!!!!!!

fuerzaws6
Old 03-30-2007, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

I don't think gm will pass it up. There is a large customer base and the demand is there for a head comparable to the L92.