Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3000 rpm Idle After PCM Cal. for Gears

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 3000 rpm Idle After PCM Cal. for Gears

I just got my PCM back yesterday after recalibration for 3.73s. It idled fine for 15 min. last night, but when I backed it out of the garage this morning, it surged to 2500-3000 rpm and stayed there. The SES came on and I noticed a tiny amount of smoke from the passenger side (almost up under the firewall). My fuel gauge was reading empty at the time, even though I had 1/4 tank. I turned it off from 3000 rpm and it would not restart for several minutes. It started first try soon after and I quickly pulled it back in, as it wasn't idling sky-high at that time. Now, this evening, I start it again, the SES light is on, but it idles fine in all gears once again. In searching related posts, I found it could be a vacuum leak or a stuck TPS. I don't know why it would have developed a vacuum leak parked overnight, and considering it idled fine this evening, I'd be more apt to think it was a stuck or faulty TPS. Also, I'm now getting a kind-of burnt smell through the vents, and I don't even want to speculate what the tiny amount of smoke may have been from Anyone have any ideas or what may have fried? I don't really want to drive it until I figure out what caused it all. Thanks.