Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel correction question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel correction question

After reading as many fueling correction write ups as I can find, I have a couple of questions that may or may not be WAY off, so bear with me.

1st. If you have a car/truck, that has had only mimimal modding (say a CAI and duals/no cats) that you want to tune. My assumption is that the addional airflow (although mimimal) will make the LTFTs go positive. HOWEVER, just for argument, say you log the vehicle, and find that the LTFTs are all 0 or neg., wouldn't you then just go ahead and work on the PE and the PE delay since only positive LTFTs (+LTFT plus PE #) affect the final AFR at WOT? My assumption also being that LTFTs close to 0 means that the VE table is going to be close.

The second part of this question is, in the above scenario, if the LTFTs are all failrly close (say +/- 10), could you go ahead and manually adjust the VE table by the amount the LTFT is off in a particular cell (say +4 LTFT, and the VE value is 65, 65+4= 69). Then drive and log. If your STFTs are all around 0, you would be good to go!

I appolgize if those theorys are WAY off (I got lost in the middle of the questions ) I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel, just trying to learn the fuel adjustment theory
Thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any thoughts??