Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Clunking noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunking noise

I recently just noticed a clunking noice in the rear suspension of my car. Only when I hit a bump or crevice in the road. I crawled under (kinda, car is lowered 2 inches) and didn't notice anything broken. It's not hitting the bump stops because that sounds different. Car has 112,000 miles on it. Any suggestions on what to check first. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check your exhaust on the passenger's side. The hanger on that side may be worn out allowing it to rattle where it goes over the axle.
Another possibility are the LCAs. I had subframe connecters installed and I had to retighten the LCA bolts because it rattled after a while.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Just crawled up under mine yesterday. It has a clunking going over bumps. The only thing loose under there is the exhaust hangers, especially on the drivers side. Hopefully, that is it.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

if it is not solved by anything in the back, check ur motor mounts and see if they are hitting anything. i had the exact same problem and it was just the motor mounts needing some space.