Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hey Northern Maryland Members...Avoid Cheers Bar and Pool Hall in Parkville/Towson...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey Northern Maryland Members...Avoid Cheers Bar and Pool Hall in Parkville/Towson...

I'm all about a fair shake any more. I'm at the point in life where I want to do right by a business and I want them to give me good customer service and value for my hard earned money.

So...when I walk into an establisment, I want to be treated with prompt (not go out of your way to wait just on me...service your other customers), and friendly service.

Here is a lesson in how NOT to treat me as well as own yourself.

So...I'm out Friday with one of my buddies, meeting a few other people @ Cheers which used to be Champions between 7:30 and 8 to hang, shoot some pool, chat, drink. We had been killing time @ hooters (I still haven't found a better 9-1-1 wing anywhere), so we'd slip over there just before 8 and beat their $20 cover. Mind you we're both driving and we don't drink more than 1 an hour, so their $20 cover and bottemless cup is a waste. Good in concept, but bad in application, not to mention that we're willing to pay full fair for the 2 maybe 3 beers we would have consumed in the joint.

Anyways...We walk in at 7:53 and thus the exchange with door bitch/jockey/bouncer (who will be known as DB from here on out for short) begins.

DB: Hey guys...you know there is a $20 cover...
ME: Yeah...
My Buddy: I didn't think that started till 8
DB: Yeah, you can go in (long pause), but you'll still owe @ 8.
ME: Wait...so you mean to tell me...you're gonna charge us after we beat your cover time?
DB: *silence with a smart *** look*
ME: You're gonna bust my ***** over seven minutes? Let me ask you this then...what happens if I'm in here @ 7? You still gonna charge me 20 bucks.
DB: *bs out of his *** since he knows we have him* Yeah...
ME: Fine...are the tables free?
DB: $5 an hour...actually, it's all behind you...
ME: Humph...ya know what...we're waiting on some other friends...we'll wait outside...

Ya know...I'm all about a fair shake...and we ended up dropping over a $100 bar/food/table tab at the Rehc Room (which worked out better anyways a few others that I knew were there). If you policy is 8 PM you charge a cover...don't dick with me and further bull **** me and tell me you charge everyone that's been in there since 7 PM (when I don't know of ANY other club/bar that does that). Don't stop me and feed me a bunch of BS, because you'll lose my business as well as I'll go out of my way to tell my friends about your shady dealings...

http://www.cheers-bar.net/

Moral of the story is...you want business...don't **** off the patrons...because they just might go and post up their bad experience on a message board.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

I go to Towson, thanks for the heads up
Old 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Bump for good info...