Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MAC differential cover, ARP stud kit...clearance issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC differential cover, ARP stud kit...clearance issues

so i started to install my ARP stud kit and differential cover today. got the stud kit installed without a hitch...other than having to borrow an in-lbs torque wrench.

when i got ready to put the cover on i noticed there was some clearance issues. i realized that the stud bolts were interfering with the inside lip of the MAC cover where the gasket seals.

dabbed some RTV on the studs and pinpointed the location. and took a grinder to the cover. here is the result.

i had done some research on the procedure for installing both of these parts, the stud kit and the cover, and i don't recall coming across anything about a clearance problem. could be it's specific to the MAC and the ones i read were for other companies. could be i was drinking too much to remember.

but i figured i would throw this up as an FYI for guys looking to do these mods. i was able to grind the spots down with a bench grinder (protective shields removed) and then touch them up with a hand file and then just hit it with a little fine grit paper to smooth it out.

any questions...just PM me...