Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Call I received for an order

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Call I received for an order

Yesterday I received a call from a young man wanting to order some headers for his Mustang. I was glad to help out and started to take his order. As I entered the information into the computer he asked if there was a military discount on the parts. I responded with my usual info that we require ID faxed, a "dot-mil" email addy, yadda yadda yadda.....

He tells me he can't make any of that happen because of where he is. I asked why, "No fax machines where you are?" Not really a big deal for me being retired military I can ask a few questions usually and sniff out the real deal. So as we talked and I processed his order, I was joking around with him and what not, and just general military BS'ing.

So I was joking around and told him to stay outta trouble and be safe, and he said it was too late. Turns out he is in the hospital recovering from shrapnel to the face and had just received the Purple Heart. So being the dumb *** I am I said, "That's great! I mean, that's not so great!" I then told him I was not sure if either one of those was a good response to him and asked him, "How do people usually respond to that?"

He said, "Most people just ask what the Hell happened to your face!?" I found that funny and an excellent representation of the military in general. This guy got his face torn up, is suffering over there, and can still joke around about it all.

Well naturally he got a discount, which is all he really wanted to know.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He deserves a free forged 351
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Teching In

One of my best friends is at W/R right now after being shot in the face. All the teeth on his right side were blown out along with shattering his cheek bone. His wife sends out daily sitreps on his condition and as of right now even with his jaw wired shut, he's been trying to crack jokes as well and maintaining his sense of humor.

Good to hear that Joe is in good spirits as well.

Cheers on the story and the discount Reckless!!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
SCRWS6

Hooah.....(thats huuuh....not who-wah)
Old 04-03-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCRWS6
Hooah.....(thats huuuh....not who-wah)
God i hate that stupid word.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
JUICED96Z

I saw a thing on CNN on one of the ARMY field hospitals and this guy had an IED blow up next to his HUMVEE and called home to tell his wife or whatever that he was ok.

Him: Can you hear me?

Her: Stop yelling, can you hear me?.

Him: I JUST HAD A BOMB GO OFF NEXT TO ME SO ITS KINDA HARD TO HEAR! or something very close to that.

I about died laughing.

Suprised your guy did not offer to send you some shrapnell lol.

Quick Reply: Call I received for an order