PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Need Help Fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help Fast!!!

I'm not sure where to post this...but I'll start by saying...

For the past week my car has been acting really wierd...

Occasionally at idle it will drop from the normal 650-ish rpms to below 500 rpms. Idleing really rough like it wants to cut off...or if it was running on 7 cylinders. As soon as you give it some gas it goes away. Now when I'm driving, it will occasionally do it at a slow roll, and as soon as you give it gas it goes away. It will drive normally until I punch it, then it will act as though it is running on 7 cylinders again. I had one of the guys at work scan my computer because my SES light came on and the only code that came up was a Misfire code and it also said something about my O2's. But my O2's are only 4 months old (Bosch 13111). So are my plug wires...So does anybody know what this code means?

The reason I'm rushing is because I tonight I went to pass a car on a two lane road and right as I get next them my car acts like it didn't want to go anywhere else and it was backfiring alot. This caused me to slam on my brakes and get out of the way.

What can it be???
Old 04-04-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

i had a similar problem on my car and it ended up being a vacuum leak. the pvc hose dry rotted and got a hole in it right where it attaches to the intake behide the throttle body.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Check the plugs/wires again and check the fuel injectors and coil packs. Possibly a vacuum leak too. if it is none of these do a leakdown test too see if you are losing compression.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok...i will check the plugs and wires tomorrow...and check my vacuum lines...I hope it something simple. Anymore input?