LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Tuning a 93 SD car.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning a 93 SD car.

I have a 93 TA and I am thinking about building the motor but wondering what I will be getting into as far as tuning this thing.. can they be tuned on a dyno? is there anything made that I can take readings from the motor as its running or am I going to have to get an after market system?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

93's are speed density and do not have flashable pcm's. They have e-prom chips that you can burn with the right software and burning equipment. You can get Tunercats for tuning and a PocketProgrammer for burning the chips. As far as datalogging I would get Datamaster and a cable from akmcables.com.

check out www.speeddensity.org for more info on 93's.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got a chip for mine finally, should come tomorrow or early next week. Programed it myself. Its easier to get the daughter board for the new EPROM, so you don't have to de-solder the stock one, but I don't feel like shelling out $30, nor do I have the money to So, like I did on my 91 TPI, I'll de-solder the stock chip and put mine in.

They're fun to program. I used TunerPro. The ECM file and my tune that was burned are here if you want them
www.arctec.org/~maxpain/93LT1/
Old 04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info guys, i already have a (pcm for less) tuned chip in my car but i am planing on doing some major work and was just wondering if they can dyno tune my car and burn me a new chip there.

Quick Reply: Tuning a 93 SD car.