Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few random hptuners questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few random hptuners questions

I have just started working with hptuners, deleting AIR, EGR, etc. I have a couple of questions that I could not find answers on by searching. I have set all the DTC's for AIR and EGR to no error reported. It is working fine, no SES light. Do I also need to disable the EGR, or does it matter since it wont throw a code anyway? And should I raise the setting on the Air pump disable coolant Temp to disable it? I removed all the hoses on the AIR injection and blocked off the connections on my headers, but ran out of daylight before I could remove the air pump so I left it in. I noticed that during highway cruising, the air pump would cycle on and off randomly. I could here it whistling just blowing out the open hose. I thought it only came on at startup. I will remove it this weekend anyway. Im just wondering this stuff needs to be disabled as well as turning off the DTC's.

Also, just curious here, on the COT fuel enrichment, I disabled this. But just wondering where the ECM gets the temp parameter for this.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thats all you want the DTC to be at, no error reporting. Youre good to go. Once you turn the codes off you can juts rip all that equipment out, it saves weight and cleans up the engine area.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Staging Lane

Thats all you want the DTC to be at, no error reporting. Youre good to go. Once you turn the codes off you can juts rip all that equipment out, it saves weight and cleans up the engine area.
Thanks, the EGR is already in the trash as well as the hoses from my pump to the headers. Just wondering about actually disabling the stuff too. I guess it IS a little redundant to do that.

Any thoughts on the COT temp parameter I asked about?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RMR JAM
Thanks, the EGR is already in the trash as well as the hoses from my pump to the headers. Just wondering about actually disabling the stuff too. I guess it IS a little redundant to do that.

Any thoughts on the COT temp parameter I asked about?
You can disable the EGR but im not 100% sure about disabling AIR in HPT. What you can do is just pull the fuse for AIR that is located in the fusebox under the hood, that will keep AIR from ever running. Thats what i did before I pulled the pump out.

Im not sure about the COT question you had, I just have my COT off since I have no cats.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

COT needs to be OFF, it will add fuel. It should be off for tuning anyway... I usually disable air and egr in the software as well as turning off error reporting. One less dead-ended active circuit.