LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

My Lt1 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Lt1 Problems (looking for direction)

I have a 97 lt1 with 47,000 miles... i recently took the engine out to replace all the seals and gasket's(oil leaks)... i had every thing but thet heads off...

I installed a new optispark, new intake gaskets, percy dead soft header gaskets, new timing cover and oil pan gaskets, poly motor mounts, 1.6 pro mags, lt4 valve spring kit, ARP fuel pressure adjuster, ASP underdrive pulleys, chromoly push rods, gm guide plates, and removed the gear above the cam gear that drives the water pump, removed the a/c and installed the 1le a/c delete pulley.

1) headers are leaking and I cannot get them to stop.
2) I am hearing a slight knock (def. coming from the engine) it does not sound like rockers and it seems to only happen at idle. It sounds like two heavy pieces of metal lightly hitting one another.
3) i bent the piston stop that i used to get me to TDC(i am an idiot!) i'm sure this has nothing to do with the knock because it knocked before i did this.
4) I have extremely high oil pressure well past 80 at high RPM’s.
5) When I had the engine on the stand I rotated it to the upside down position when I did this I had oil come out of the fuel injector opening in the intake.(it was the rear passenger side injector #8 I believe) I am not sure if this is a bad thing?

i think thats all...

(looking for direction)

Last edited by LTBANDIT; 04-06-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update:

so i took off the ASP pulleys, installed the factory pulley's and the knock went away...
the belt for my ASP pulleys felt really tight compared to my factory belt...

was this a fluke, or possible...

no knock = a happyass LT1 owner