LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LE2 problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LE2 problems.....

I've been having a TON of problems with my LE2 350 as of recently. I got a new PCM tune maybe a week ago. Car ran great, idled perfect, no smoking, etc. Now maybe after 15 miles of driving, I go to take it for a ride today and all of a sudden it fouls plugs, has gas in the oil, and smokes like a chimney (so, it's running REALLY rich). I honestly have no clue where to start, I know it's not the tune because it did this before the tune also, and I was hoping the tune would fix it. I have Accel 30# injectors so I know it's no overkill. What could be causing this? I have brand new AC Delco O2 Sensors, so it's not that. I'm this ---> <---- close to completely giving up on this motor, it's been giving me nothing but problems since day one. Any help at this point is good help, thanks guys!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

More than one person has found Accels to be missmarked, they really sold crappy injectors for a long time. Word is they are correcting the problem but who knows how much old stock is out there.

Just one idea to look into, in no way a diagnosis.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
More than one person has found Accels to be missmarked, they really sold crappy injectors for a long time. Word is they are correcting the problem but who knows how much old stock is out there.

Just one idea to look into, in no way a diagnosis.

Possible, but can't see how that would make it run pig rich, unless maybe they were mismarked and are actually 36+ lb injectors. Maybe I'll send 'em off to get tested. Thanks for the help! Keep the suggestions coming!