Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock WS6 ride height? ...and bump stop advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock WS6 ride height? ...and bump stop advice needed

So I've recently mounted up my CCW SP500's on my '02 WS6. Right now it still has stock springs/shocks and I'm trying to decide on what springs to go with (I'd like Strano, but the wait may make me go with Hotchkis?), I already have brand new Koni DA's sitting in the garage for whichever springs I choose.

Up front I'm running an 18x10" wheel with 275/35/18 BFG KDW2's and out back is 18x11" with 315/30/18 BFG DR's. With the new wheels the car needs to be lowered VERY badly.

I measured the ride height at the heighest point of each fender to see how much of a drop would be ideal, it seems that the normal 1.25" or so may not be enough for the rear. For the fronts I measured approx. 27 3/4" and out back a whopping almost 29"!!!
The car has a Moser 12 bolt in it, could the rear itself be making the back end sit that much higher?

Also, I think I may remove the stock rear bump stops/mounts because I'd like to make jacking up the car easier with the 11" wheels and am afraid of the wheels themselves hitting the bump stops/mounts and utilizing Koni stops on the rear DA's.
What would be the proper way to measure which stops to use on the shock shafts?
Is there any reason why I should NOT remove the stock stops and utilize Koni stops on the rear shock shafts instead?
Old 04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

The Moser 12 bolt rear has slightly higher spring perches than the 10 bolt, so the rear will be raised.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackHawk T/A
The Moser 12 bolt rear has slightly higher spring perches than the 10 bolt, so the rear will be raised.
When I do springs, maybe I'll switch to the LT1 isolators to compensate
Old 04-08-2007, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or remove the isolater completely and run a rubber hose.

Quick Reply: Stock WS6 ride height? ...and bump stop advice needed