Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

thunder racing gear package

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thunder racing gear package

I'm about to purchase the strange 3.73 gear package from thunder racing and im gona get it installed at a local shop and i was wondering if its really worth spending the extra $35 for the deluxe install kit or just stick to the complete install kit which is no extra cost.

The deluxe kit consists of pinion shims, carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, cover gasket, pinion & carrier bearings, PLUS wheel bearings and seals.

The complete kit consists of pinion shims, carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, cover gasket, and pinion & carrier bearings
Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not, it's just $35. It's one of those things that you just do everything you can while you're in there bearing-wise.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

I just installed the Strange 4:10's in my M6 car and its great.... I did the deluxe install kit... figured if I had it all apart it would be a good time....me and my buddy had it all apart and back together in about 4 hours... and it only cost me $35 at the Hobby shop on base for the lift and press..... Overall if your doing an install this is a great kit to go with...
Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1995z28camaro
I'm about to purchase the strange 3.73 gear package from thunder racing and im gona get it installed at a local shop and i was wondering if its really worth spending the extra $35 for the deluxe install kit or just stick to the complete install kit which is no extra cost.

The deluxe kit consists of pinion shims, carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, cover gasket, pinion & carrier bearings, PLUS wheel bearings and seals.

The complete kit consists of pinion shims, carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, cover gasket, and pinion & carrier bearings
How much did the local shop quote you for your install?
I want to get a set installed and just wondering about how much it's going to cost me?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shooter
How much did the local shop quote you for your install?
I want to get a set installed and just wondering about how much it's going to cost me?
a buncha sponsors pm'd me when i asked about it a few months ago and most of them said it would be somewhere around $200
Old 04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

I just bought the kit from Thunder earlier today and went with the Deluxe kit, figured might as well replace as much as possible while its being torn apart.

Quick Reply: thunder racing gear package