Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear end problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear end problems

When I was at a shop I backed up and then pulled into the shop. Well when I put it in first and pulled foreward. POP! rear end went. The car has never been beat on (they pulled the clutch yesterday...25-25% left after 80K miles and it looked in good shape). Anyways, pulled the diff cover and the ring/pinion look mint...with 50thousands slop!!! Issue is the pinion bearing is SHOT! I never heard any whining or other noise ect. from the car. That pop was my FIRST AND ONLY clue something was wrong. I have never launched it, spun the tires, or powershifted it.

Now what bothers me...

The Torsen unit LOOKS! fine, as do the ring/pinion. HOWEVER, when it was on the rack, I spun 1 tire and the other did nothing. I was told this is normal, but I have also heard it should rotate opposite the one I was spinning. Is this normal for the other tire not to move at all since it is in the air?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ps. Screw Royal Purple 85-140. It Is ****! My Pinion Bearing Was Just Fine 5k Miles Ago!!!