Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Line converter + amp

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line converter + amp

looked buy couldnt find i was wondering if the stock amp in my 97 had a remote wire that way i can just do the splcing there for my line converter and remote wire id rather cut the wires back there then in front
Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I understand it it doesn't because it turns on when it senses a signal coming from the factory head unit as oppossed to a traditional set up that requires a remote turn on(blue wire). I could be wrong on this but I thought I read that somewhere.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

i just went and bought the stuff and the guy said it should and he also said to wire the line converter before the amp wich already made sense to me becasue i didnt think i wanted it ampped lol but i just didnt see anykind of remote signal wire for factory amp lmao i guess i could be an okey and wire it to a brake light
Old 04-14-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

got it in earler no problems bumps really really hard and its in a tempary box way too small Sub=Pioneer TS-W3002SPL Alpine MRD-M1000 subs hard for the price, i dont even want to talk about the amp lol
Attached Thumbnails Line converter + amp-multimed.jpg