Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

seat tracks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default seat tracks?

looking to put in a set of procar racing seats but unfourtunatly my goofy *** is too damn tall to put these seats in with the adapters they sell. so i've been look for a pair of manual seat brackets for the drivers side seat and was wondering was there any difference between a 93-97 and a 98-02 seat track or will they mount up no problem?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't think there's a difference. I installed a set of Sparco's in my car and the company that makes their brackets (Wedge Engineering) labeled mine Chevy Camaro 93-94, and I have a '00 bird. You should be ok. If you aren't satisfied with this or other answers you get, I'll try and help you figure out how to take your seats and brackets off and you can measure.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LT1wannabe
I don't think there's a difference. I installed a set of Sparco's in my car and the company that makes their brackets (Wedge Engineering) labeled mine Chevy Camaro 93-94, and I have a '00 bird. You should be ok. If you aren't satisfied with this or other answers you get, I'll try and help you figure out how to take your seats and brackets off and you can measure.
well i found a couple manual seats in a local junkyard but i'm just not to sure considering the brackets i got from scat said 98-02 and they had a seperate listing for 93-97. i guess i might just have to buy them and test them out.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Launching!

I'm actually on the verge of ordering those seats, so let me know how they end up working out. Also, are you going to be bolting in 5/6 point harnesses or using the factory belts?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DRSITES
I'm actually on the verge of ordering those seats, so let me know how they end up working out. Also, are you going to be bolting in 5/6 point harnesses or using the factory belts?
probably going to be useing factory belts til i can get a cage or a roll bar.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Launching!

That's pretty much my plan, I'm just worried about the angle of the belt. I'm driven around when the belt holder attached to the top of the seat wasn't there, and it's not comfortable, any suggestions?
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

not really any suggestions i have no problem with the holder not being there. i'm 6'7 and the belt always sat alittle low on me so its perfect height right now. ithe only thing i can think of is to use some self tapping screws and mount the holder to the seat. i wouldn't but its the only thing i can think of.

Quick Reply: seat tracks?