Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please give advice on Shocks/Springs for my Vert

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please give advice on Shocks/Springs for my Vert

I need some help from my LS1 Bro's! I am thoroughly confused. I have a 01 Convertibel SS. See mods in signature. I want to lower it 1.25-1.5in. There is hardly and specs or photos for lowering verts. I know my car weighs 150lb more than hard tops or T-tops. I am considering Bilistien HD shocks and Hotchis vs Strano vs Eibach springs. The hotchis says 1" drop. So is that 1.25 for my vert? Any help appreciated. I want smooth ride and race very little.

Last edited by 1tufss; 04-16-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Most of that extra weight is in the back on verts so you just really gotta be concerned with rear sagging on aftermarket springs designed for coupes (which is most of them).

Probably want to avoid changing springs altogether and maybe get some KONI SA's (use lower perch up front and remove rubber isolator in the back). This should give you a .75" drop (approx) without any risk of sagging.

Otherwise check with Sam Strano for any available VERT shock/spring combos out there.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM
Launching!

Go with Strano spings and his revalved Bilsteins. I'm sure Sam will set you up with the right combo.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my 98 vert I did a BMR front spring (you can buy them seperate) and the isolater removal in the rear. Also did a set of Bilstein HD's.

Think the price list came out to like:

115 front springs (speedinc)
305 Bilstiens
5 rubber hose
75 alignmet

Did the work myself NIGHT AND DAY. I don't think it would be up to what alot of people on this section think is ideal but what a difference over stock. Nice stance had long tubes with cats and it wasn't too bad. Handled MUCH better the biggest improvement was braking amazing how much shocks play a part in that or at least seem too. PM your email and I'll see if I can find some pics.

It wasn't a slammed look but my TTII's with 275's would rub on big bumps stock so it worked for me...

Bobby