Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stall for DD 402

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stall for DD 402

Hey, I'm going to need a new tranny for my setup as it has already killed my stock one. I have not decided on a built 4L60e or TH400 yet. I have a LS2 402. 238/242 cam, L92 heads, L76 intake, 90mm TB, duals, etc. What would be a good stall to run? I ran a 4400 stall on my DD stock internal LS1 and loved it. I was thinking of maybe stepping it down a bit since the torque is going to be considerably higher.

Would 4000 be to much stall for this setup? I have a brand new GM 10bolt in the car and would like it to last me at least until the end of the summer. I don't plan on too many hard launches.

If 4000 is to much, is 3500 a happy medium? Eventually, I'd like to get some really nice drag times with the car. However, it is a DD so I would like drivability to remain. I did DD my 4400 stall, but I plan on having this car for at least 5 more years, or however long med school takes, and would like it to be tame enough for the fiance to drive if she she needs to.

The tranny/converter will most likely be coming from performabuilt if that matters...