Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Middle of tranny rebuild, got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle of tranny rebuild, got some questions

ok my search button doesnt seem to wanna work today so i am just going to have to ask these. The good thing is that my clutch looks like brand new. I have only had the car for a few thousand miles and the guy before me said it had a new one in it so i wont be replacing that. My question is with hydralics. I am going to replace everything - master,slave,throwout and pilot bearing- is there anything else i shoudl replace? Would it be good to get different lines such as braided? Where is the best place to get these parts? Autozone, GM, other? Ok thanks alot guys.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

you might look at a Mcloed adjustable master or a modified stock clutch master. as allways, any restrictions in the line should be kept to a minimum. Most prople seem to be happy with the drill mod, and a stock line w/ the mcloed.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Get the Mcleod only if you want some adjustment in the clutch pedal. If not, buy a stock GM master and slave from www.sdpc2000.com. Great prices and service. Throwout bearing should come with slave cylinder. Pilot bearing will be seperate.

Before installing the new master, do the drill mod. This can be seen at www.installuniversity.com. This removes the restriction in the line going from master to slave.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pick up the bearings and slave at your local store. Might want to consider ARP flywheel and PP bolts if it's been pulled apart and put back together a few times. Also if you're doing it yourself a couple of extra bolts that are the same as the gearbox to bellhousing bolts can help in lining things up when you reinstall.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i have been there with the slave go with the gm. it works better and fits better than a aftermarket. when i bleed my a/c delco slave i had to hammer a 7/16 socket on it and worked good for a few months then i had to pull the tranny again because it went to crap

Quick Reply: Middle of tranny rebuild, got some questions