Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

line lock help plese help me

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default line lock help plese help me

i just installed my SLP line lock kit. I installed everything correctly. When I hit the button I can here the solenoid click and then click again when it is turned off. The front brakes do feel like they are locking up great. But I can not get the back tires to brake loose. I have tried several different RPM points before getting out of the clutch all the way, and still no luck. All I am getting is some clutch smell. My clutch does not slip at all though. I am running 275-40-18 on the back with the stock rear end and gears 3.42's.
I am going to go back and re-bleed the brakes and pull the ABS fuse and try again in the morning.
Can anyone think of anything else that could be causing this?????
Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Only thing I can think of is the rear wheels are locking not the front.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

yea but i hooked it up just like it said and triple check everything Did a scherch on here and saw some install pics and it looks just like the rest of them. I will jack up the rear end tomorrow and check though
Old 04-21-2007, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

To test mine I went out on the stopped the brakes hit the switch and dumped the clutch. A cloud of smoke confirmed that it worked.

I didn't try to slip it until the tires broke loose. If you did everything correct just dump the clutch. If you are unsure if you messed something up, jack up the rear tires and test the line lock with the rear off the ground.

The only thing you could have messed up is putting the line lock on the rear instead of the front.

Brian
Old 04-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
To test mine I went out on the stopped the brakes hit the switch and dumped the clutch. A cloud of smoke confirmed that it worked.

I didn't try to slip it until the tires broke loose. If you did everything correct just dump the clutch. If you are unsure if you messed something up, jack up the rear tires and test the line lock with the rear off the ground.

The only thing you could have messed up is putting the line lock on the rear instead of the front.

Brian
+1 the best way to check if it is working is jack up the rear and engage it and see if the rear lets go when you let off the brake ! Do the same for the front but you want it to stay until it is turned off.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM
12 Second Club

OK went and re-bled the brakes and re checked everything. Think the bottom fitting of the solenoid is still leaking a little bit though. Went out and engaged it and dumped the clutch and stalled it. Did the ever quick driver mod and turned off the TCS and it worked great. So my only problem was there was still some air in the system. But thats what I get for bleeding brakes in the dark with the wheels still on.
Thanks for all your help guys. by myself