Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Help with fan temps please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with fan temps please!!!

Well Ill try this hear,....(the forum was fast asleep for the last few days!!) SO,..when "WE" (T.J.Wong),..(him, himself and he!) did the Head/cam thing,... (and basically everything else too!) Tom put a new *160 thermostat for me before, I had the hyper-tech hand held and all it did was "prompt" you for the type of thermostat you used,... but,.. it set the two fans at a different temp. Then,... my car rarely went above *184 and usually ran around *172 now were trying to figure out the best temps for the "tune" can anyone help with the best two fan points for the *160 thermostat?? PLEEEEEESE???
Old 04-22-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too have a 160 t-stat. My fans come on at 180 and 190 respectively. Keeps the motor nice and cool when I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic during the summer construction months. Don't know if this matters but I also have the Meziere Electric water pump. It does a great job cooling the motor in traffic, and works well running hard as hell too. You might consider doing what I did. Works well for me, unless you want your engine running hotter and then try 200 and 215 respectively. I think the stock setting was 232 and 242???? Good luck.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALLNGNC5,..........Thank you very much for your kind reply,.....Im sure that the hand held (hyper-tech 3) set them at *172 and *187 perspectively any way as I live up where its DARK,.....COOL,....AND,....WET!!! 350 days a year I think that I can get away with something like that! and thanks again,........vetred
Old 04-23-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Considering the weather / climate you have to endure you could use a bit more heat. It gets pretty warm for a few days here and there over the summer months. 80's, 90's and a few 100's so I needed a little more help keeping the engine from running hot with all the power I am making. Thank god for that so I can get out more often.