Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems with cd changer/ Replace?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems with cd changer/ Replace?

My cd changer has had a history of problems. When it was new, it had a noise coming from it which sounded like brush sounds. I found the problem to had been a bad extension cable added to the harness (I had the player moved), and I had it fixed.

For the past few years, it now seems that the player doesn't play on both channels sometimes. The driver's side channel plays good, but the passenger side channel will sometimes play with some static and/or sometimes not at all. The rest of the stereo (head unit w/built in single disc player, speakers) all operate normally. I would rather replace this player instead of having it fixed.

Here's the question(s). Would I be safe in getting a used player from ebay or anywhere else? Will another Delco cd changer work with my stock monsoon unit?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock monsoon 12 disc

I have one I'll sell you. I have never used it, but I did test it to ensure that it works. I don't think the guy I bought it from used it much either.
PM me if you want it, I'll try to find a good price for you.