Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me Diagnose evap problem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 04:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help me Diagnose evap problem.

Alright guys I've been getting a really bad smell of fumes next to my rear driveside wheel. Is my evap canister going bad or is it my evap valve going bad and not letting the fumes go back into the intake to get burned up? And causing the fumes to be pushed through the canister? The fumes that I smell were very diffrent from gas fumes. From what I have read these fumes are aromatic hydrocarbons, which are poisonous so any help is greatly appreciated. The fumes only start to really come out when I've been driving the car for about 4-5 hrs non stop. So I guess it builds pressure and and it has no where else to go through but the canister. So does everyone agree it's my evap valve. I guess I answered my own question.

Last edited by Tirefire; 04-23-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure about Evap line, but your fuel return 'T' is there, and so is your fuel filter. Perhaps its fuel you can smell. When I took of my old fuel filter that has been on there a many years, it was very rusty, a couple of more years it may have leaked.

In the top of the tank there are are 3 pipes including the evap pipe. If one was leaking it could run down the tank near the fuel filter and rear wheel where you are smelling the smell.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it's my fuel filter. Like I said the fumes smell diffrent from gas almost like lacquer.