anymore ls1 trips to galveston?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default anymore ls1 trips to galveston?

my ls1 jeep is almost done and the first place i want to take it is to the beach
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey i think i saw you ls1 swap stuff on on jeepforum. The lonestarjeepclub is doing a padre island run in june, donno if ya'd be interested in that.

How's the swap going, i'm thinking about something similar with a 4.8 or 5.3 lsx style motor in my tj.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by old93ta
Hey i think i saw you ls1 swap stuff on on jeepforum. The lonestarjeepclub is doing a padre island run in june, donno if ya'd be interested in that.

How's the swap going, i'm thinking about something similar with a 4.8 or 5.3 lsx style motor in my tj.

haha ya ive posted alot of my swap stuff on jeepforum, whats the lonestarjeepclub?

my swap has been at a hault because ive been looking for a transmission, but today or tomorrow im going to pick one up from a seller and then i can start welding in the motor mounts and getting it running. im still waiting on the 4l60e to my transfer case adapter though (its been about 3 months)
Old 04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

I just happened to run across it one day, it's at lonestarjeepclub.com

The details about the run are posted under general jeep events in the forum. I believe it's the last part of june. I'm thinking about going myself.

Is your transfer case going to be in about the same location as stock btw?

Since the motor is shorter and the trans is longer I thought it be be possible to keep it in the same place and re-use the stock driveshafts.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whats up scott? that part still on backorder?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KnbmTA
whats up scott? that part still on backorder?
ya parts are still on backorder, they were suppose to ship out last week but didnt. im not going to even bother asking them about the adapter until i get the engine running

Originally Posted by old93ta
I

Is your transfer case going to be in about the same location as stock btw?

Since the motor is shorter and the trans is longer I thought it be be possible to keep it in the same place and re-use the stock driveshafts.
i dont know yet about the location of the transfer case and i probably wont until i get that stupid adapter, im hoping i dont have to mess with the driveshafts

most likely i will have to though, the ls1 is shorter than the I6, but the ls1 is going to be sitting further back on the frame than the I6- soo i dont know whats going to happen yet