LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

bad lifter?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad lifter?????

how can you tell on a LT1 lifter if its bad? before boost took out my stock pistons months ago and even in the past year when trying to adjust my valves we would hear a taping/ticking sound from the passengerside. my car is a 94. i have read where alot of people have had trouble on the LT1's to get the passengerside to pump up with oil. but we tried several times and even had a guy i know thats been working on cars for 15 years and knows his stuff and he was stumped.this was after a hard dyno run(Fing dyno shop!!). we were messing with the car trying to get it to run right acouple weeks after dyno time,cause i was having problems with it. well it had blown another head gasket. lifters only have 30,000 miles on them. so was it cause antifreeze was in the top of the motor and that was causing a issue with then pumping up? i'm just neverous bout reusing them. my car sits alot to if that has anything to do with it. only the passengerside was the problem though. three of my pistons were tore up on the tops pretty good. i forget where the three were all at,but if two bad ones were on the passengerside would that cause a taping noise?