Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How is this set up look to everyone

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is this set up look to everyone

I want a solid handling street set up. This is the list i made so far i am open to ideas and sugestions, I am trying to keep the cost down with out sacrificing ride quality.

- Slp bilstiens
- slp springs both cost 677 from lmp shipped.
or
- bilstien revalves
- Strano lowering springs
with
- Bolt in Lca relocation brackets(are these realy needed)
- What type of pan hard bar does everyone recomend? I was thinking umi tubular double adjustable panhard bar or lake wood
- 32mm front (solid) & 22mm rear (solid) 4140 chrome moly sway bars spohn or strano bars

Im thinking this is pretty good but I dont know what type of pan hard bar to get?? I would like to keep the cost down so what brand does everyone recomend? I have people say lakewood and to stay away from rod ends in a street ap as they can make more noise.

I added the slp package to the list for the value and the ride height is more to my liking with my lower hanging tru duals. BUt how does the slp package perform there isnt much on this from what i have seen?

Last edited by ls1amit; 04-29-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ls1amit
I want a solid handling street set up. This is the list i made so far i am open to ideas and sugestions, I am trying to keep the cost down with out sacrificing ride quality.

- bilstien revalves
- Strano lowering springs
- Bolt in Lca relocation brackets(are these realy needed)
- What type of pan hard bar does everyone recomend? I was thinking umi tubular double adjustable panhard bar
- 32mm front (solid) & 22mm rear (solid) 4140 chrome moly sway bars spohn or strano bars( how much?)

Im thinking this is pretty good but I dont know what type of pan hard bar to get?? I would like to keep the cost down so what brand does everyone recomend?
The bilstein revalves + strano springs + swaybars will run you right around $1200 total. UMI is always a good brand to go with, definitely adjustable. The relocation brackets aren't needed - merely suggested for better traction at the strip. I don't run them, and I'm running the exact setup you mentioned. Love it, by the way...
Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea i realy want to take my car to the next level with handling. I think im just going to go with sams new parts package level 2 all of those parts mentioned exept it doesnt have the relocation brackets and has a panhard bar for 1300 and i think plus shipping. This is my first real set of suspension mods.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

can't go wrong with any of Sam's products. I just put on his springs and revalved bilsteins, with a UMI adj. panhard, and couldn't be happier. Give him a call if you haven't already, and talk to him about what you want.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:42 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by ls1amit
- 32mm front (solid) & 22mm rear (solid) 4140 chrome moly sway bars spohn or strano bars( how much?)
Thats a bit of a mis-match. That rear bar is too large to go with that front bar. You might be better with Sam's 35/22 setup.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by STRETCH'S T/A
can't go wrong with any of Sam's products. I just put on his springs and revalved bilsteins, with a UMI adj. panhard, and couldn't be happier. Give him a call if you haven't already, and talk to him about what you want.
yea i talked to a few people about what i want and they said that the sway bars are realy only need when doing racing like auto cross. so i think im going to go with some type of bilstien shock, panhard bar, and lowering springs. I was also recomended on getting lca brackets.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
Thats a bit of a mis-match. That rear bar is too large to go with that front bar. You might be better with Sam's 35/22 setup.
Not only that. 32 mm front is what my car came with stock. and it was even hollow. sam's 35/22 hollow pair is way stiffer and saves weight.