Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not too thrilled about my TC swap!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not too thrilled about my TC swap!

I had a kick-butt TCI TC 4400 stall that gave me 6.90s, which was the fastest I've gone. Then I had an incident and the TC ballooned, plus I was told I needed to get more of a "race" TC. So I bought a high stalled (more than what I had) Vigilante TC and not sure if the TA likes this. It may be learning it, but the best I've ran is 7.01. What I did get out of this TC is now I am popping wheelies and my 60' is dramatically better. I have a mid-size cam, maybe the cam is too small for the TC and why it lost up top? I enjoy lifting tires but I'm not here for the show, I'm here for the numbers. Maybe someone else has experienced this?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me like the convertor is doing its job and getting that car off the line. Maybe its just track and weather conditions that are keeping your ET up.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What rpm's are your turning through the traps? It just might be that the converter /cam combination is not working. You could be right, the cam may not be enough now. Vig makes a fine converter imho.

g
Old 05-02-2007, 10:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

how did your mph change?

could be weather, or could be your prior converter was more efficent, or possibly you need to tweak your shift points.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

It hits 6000 RPM's through the traps and the MPH dropped from 98 to 95. At some tracks I have had favorable conditions and it still ran 7.0s.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In your original comments you stated the you had an incident and the converter ballooned... can you elaborate on the incident or was that it the TC ballooned? I have seen your car run before and it hits! I am also curious to know what the rationale was behind the recommendation for a "race" TC... what was that all about. I know you flash it off the line most times and it looked like a dependable setup to me. I know Trent builds a decent unit, I have spoken to him in the past, nice guy who knows his business.

g