Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!!! new clutch problems..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! new clutch problems..

so i had a spec 1 clutch installed with an slp lightweight flywheel in my 97 lt1 ta. tonight i had the car out for the 1st time and i did a burn out and the clutch slipped so damn bad and it wouldnt let me put it into any gear. after sitting for 10 minutes it finally let me put it in gear. i drove it back down to the dealership i work at and put it in the garage and walked away from it for tonight. it seemed fine when i took it back but i am not sure what to do. is the car ok to drive after this incident or is it goin to give me more problems? why would it slip so damn bad and that thing stunk like burnt *** afterwards. thanks in advance.

jj
Old 05-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Teching In

How many miles did you brake it in. You are suposed to drive 500 miles befor you start beating up your new clutch, and remember its is suposed to be 500 city miles. (stop and go). The car should be okay to drive just keep an eye on it.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

drove it all morning and it seems fine. still has that stupid chattering in first gear and reverse but its better than it was last night. thanks for the advise.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jldog7
tonight i had the car out for the 1st time and i did a burn out and the clutch slipped so damn bad and it wouldnt let me put it into any gear. after sitting for 10 minutes it finally let me put it in gear.
Originally Posted by STILL 2 SLOW
How many miles did you brake it in.
Break-in? What's that? Just swap it for a auto before you cost yourself a bunch of money.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! new clutch problems..