Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on stall converter for a stock 98z

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on stall converter for a stock 98z

Hey guys, I'm looking in to getting a stall converter. I have a 98z convertible that is bone stock. I'm not planning on any major HP gains or modding. It is my daily driver and it has about 79k miles on the clock. I just have a few basic questions about buying a torque converter.

Advice on which size to get? I've been doing a little research and I'm thinking probably either a 3200/3600 would be best for me. Also what other equipment will I need to install it? I've seen I should get a Trans cooler. Brand and model advice would be greatly appreciated. And last but not least, is it difficult to install ( I'm completely naive to transmissions and major installs) and what are the consequences of installing it to my car.

Any and all advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Justin
Old 05-05-2007, 11:27 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would suggest one of our 3000 9.5 they seem to work really well in a stock aplication and drivabailty is very good with some impressive performance gains,
Installation is not bad if you have reasonable mechanical skills and tool,
The consequence is that you will be sending more low end torque through the trans which could hasten its denise some if your a hard driver, Or if its not in very good shape to start with. A cooler is always a good idea. But in anycase wether ours or someone elses I would suggest around a 3000

Call 888-744-6542