Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tubular k member.. good for daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tubular k member.. good for daily driver?

i have just found out that my k member is bent... my car is a daily driver... and i have been told that an aftermarket tubular k member will bend and warp with the harshness of daily driving? should i go tubular or find a new steel one? and if i should go steel anyone know where i could get one? thanks
Old 05-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

bend and warp? i doubt that, lookup UMI they make a good K-member and so does Spohn. you'll also get rid of some front weight getting one as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

if it's an older style k-member I'd agree... 90% of the k-members before a couple of years back especially for say, engine swaps (big block k-members) were complete ****... they'd snap easilly...

today's market of k-members?
considering most companies as of now will back their product 100%, they can't take a risk of putting a product on the market that will break and cause damage they'd be liable for...

the UMI K-member has my vote, after reading many different stories here and on ffrax I believe their k-member would be well suited for daily driving, when I buy mine, I'll be getting the extra bracing just because I hope to actually put the car on the track as well at some point.

if I had the funding for a UMI unit I'd likely just give up my stocker, the hell good is it going to do me?
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Teching In

any difference between convertible and t top k members?

Quick Reply: Tubular k member.. good for daily driver?