LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

!iac

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !iac

After doing the IAC removal mod, I noticed a great deal of improvement in the throttle responce and overall power. It wasnt bad once the rewireing was figgured out. All I needed was a KO 12v source to connect the pos to, and grounded the neg. Plugging the hole where the IAC was was easy too. Without the obstruction of airflow, and the computer controlling another variable in the whole engine management senario, it gained a good seat of the pants 10-15 horse. Ill post pics and step by step later.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused. Should I be taking this seriously? o_0 If so, I'd kinda be interested in trying this, if you'd be willing to explain how one goes about doing it.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

wtf? does your car even idle right?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Formula350
I'm confused. Should I be taking this seriously? o_0 If so, I'd kinda be interested in trying this, if you'd be willing to explain how one goes about doing it.

yes, im serious. Im working on uploading the pics, and making a step by step. Ill have it up sometime tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
wtf? does your car even idle right?
it idles like it has a small cam. Normally it would cut out on you when you come to a stop, but the rewiring stops it from stalling.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

The IAC has nothing to do with the Airflow while it's running, all you are doing is letting more air in basically, just get a bigger Throttle Body..
On the 90mm that I got for my new setup, people are drilling out the hole for the IAC cause it doesn't idle right for some of the Stroker Engines with Cams, I was like why don't you just adjust the set screw for it..open up the Blade a little more..

Quick Reply: !iac