Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

AC troubles

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AC troubles

A little problem with the air conditioning. First, last fall it blew cold air out of the drivers side and not the passengers. Now I get no cold air. I can not control the temp *****. It is stuck at 73. All other buttons work except front defroster. But once it is on it will not turn off. I have to shut the car down and even then sometimes it comes back on again. So I pulled the codes and got this....

BCM
B2578-H RF Turn Signal Monitor Circuit (Short to Voltage)
B2583-H LF Turn Signal Monitor Circuit (Short to Voltage)

SDM
B1001-H Option Configuration Error

RFA
U1096-H Loss of Communication with IPC
U1064-H Loss of Communication with BCM
U1016-H Loss of Communication with PCM
U2110-H Right Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction<---drag tires
U2215-H Left Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction<---drag tires

None of the codes were current. I cleared the codes and drove the car for a week. Pulled the codes again and B1001, U1096, U1016, and U1064 came back. Shortly after it threw...

B0446 Right Actuator Out of Range

Any ideas why my AC buttons won't work? Is there an HVAC control module that can be bad? A bad actuator wouldn't make the whole display act all screwy would it? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The HVAC module can certainly be bad. I just had to replace mine in my '05, and it's all self-contained in the control unit. Actuators dying aren't that uncommon either, but it won't lock your control unit. I just went through all the possibilities with a GM tech friend of mine.

Good luck.