Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car runs rough AFTER car goes into closed loop.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Car runs rough AFTER car goes into closed loop.

Swapped a 6 liter into a 93 camaro but I used a truck swap. Not a big deal, I had John at Speartech flash out all of the necessary items to go along with the swap. I have no ALDL port but I am going to be getting one in the next couple of days to hook a scanner up too it. Anyways the car runs GREAT when it is first started and in open loop mode. After the car goes into closed loop the car falls on its face and runs like a dang 50cc scooter and sounds like a tractor. John told me to make sure I didn't have the harness in the car backwards which I don't. I also bought 2 new O2 sensors last night and that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

TIA.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Check and make sure that the coolant sensors are hooked up right. I had a BMW doing the same thing and the coolant sensors were wired backwards. Also check your MAF sensor make sure it is working and hooked up right and don't forget fuses
Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Swapped a 6 liter into a 93 camaro but I used a truck swap. Not a big deal, I had John at Speartech flash out all of the necessary items to go along with the swap.
Maybe he accidently flashed something out that was pose to stay
Old 05-09-2007, 06:00 AM
Teching In

I got a connector last night so we can hook a scanner up to it sometime and see. That also gives me some more places to look.

Thanks,
Old 05-15-2007, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did that same thing when I first fired it, after beating my head into the wall for three days I found that I had the right and left 02 sensors swapped...the PCM was going nuts trying to get the fuel right because when it thought the right side was lean it was actually rich and visa-versa......I found it bt unplugging both sensors and letting it run in default where it was at least looking at a fixed output.

Quick Reply: Car runs rough AFTER car goes into closed loop.