General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

`98 seats into 2001 TA - Now no lumbar!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry `98 seats into 2001 TA - Now no lumbar!

Well, I am in the middle of an interior color change in my 2001 Firehawk. I bought a complete interior from someone on the board out of a `98 Trans Am. I installed the drivers seat, and everything seemed to plug in as expected. The connections looked the same on the `98 seats as they did on the 2001 seats already in my car; same color wires and everything. Now however, I don`t have the lumbar adjustment working! The seat moves forward and back, up and down, but no lumbar adjustment. I checked to make sure the two black tubes under the seat are secure and plugged in the whole way. When I press on the buttons, there is no sound or anything. Are the `98 seats different from the 2001 seats? How do I get these working?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anyone?
Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If you don't hear the motor under the seat working when you press the lumbar buttons, then something isnt hooked up right, or the motor is toast. I had a set of 1995 Trans Am seats in my 1987 IROC-Z. Had everything hooked up propertly, and working, and then had some kind of electrical surge, and fried the motor. Never did get it fixed, as the motor (actually, there are two of them, apparently) were about $250 a piece. Just lived with the seats with no lumbar control. If everything is connected properly (and it sounds like it is), I would suspect that the motor(s) are fried. Which is particularly likely, if you bought them from a wreck.