Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help with a torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help with a torque arm

hey guys i need a new ta.
went to put my new exhaust on and wile i was under the car i noticed my stock ta has a kink in it like a crease in the middle of it. and i noticed the car has been feeling like the rear got looser and the body on my car has 105k on it.
so my car is lowered so i need an adjustable one be cause no mater what i do i cant stop the car from spining and im thinking thats why.
i was looking at the edelbrock aj ta and the price is good its like 235 and it looks like a nice piece so im wondering if any one has it and can give me the low down on it.
if its crap ill take any ideas i just dont want to spend 350 dollors on one
Old 05-11-2007, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

any one????????????
Old 05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

three big names. BMR, Spohn, and UMI get one of those. or the new DKT Performance aluminum one. but that one is like 450
Old 05-11-2007, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

ok well i seen on a few descriptons on the tr from sponh and bmr and it says it will work with the lips faceing away from the drive shaft so what does this mean?
im a little lost on what to get i know im going to get an aj ta and a panard rod.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

You only have to worry about which way the lips face on 82-84 models, all 85 and up are fine. As for torque arms we offer a nice variety seen in the link below and I can at all please ask, I am glad too.

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...category_id=45

Thanks!
Ryan
Old 05-11-2007, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Question

thanks ryan im going to be ordering a aj ta soon.
will this fix my traction problems?
the car is lowered on hypercoil spring that where on the car when i got it and it has lca's-bmr bolt in relocation brackets-bilstien hd's and the car has like 105k on the body.
the car has almost no traction and 1st dont exist even at the track even a quarter throttle will break the tires loose. and also what is the best pinyon angle for the street and track?
im haveing it installed at a local shop the also messes with race cars so he told me the angle can make a differance on traction.