Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e problem

i just got my tranny built about 2-3 weeks ago and was working fine but now when you turn it on cold and put it in gear first works fine but when its going to shift from 1st to 2nd it just goes into nuetral and just revs up then it makes i locking sound and you feel were it locks up then after it gets locked up then after that it just works fine nothing happens to it at full trohtle it shifts fine and everything works fine but only when you first turn it on the first time but i dont whant to take it to the builder because i need to personally drop the trans and then take it to him then wait for 1-3 weeks for him to fix it then put it back in so any help is apreciated
Old 05-12-2007, 12:26 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Can you give a little better description? Kinda sounds like a valve might be sticking just a little when cold. But your desciption isnt very good. More detail please

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea when its cold only but only when its going to shift for the first time from 1st to 2nd then after that it works great it sounds like it goes into nuetral then it locks up and of you go working find after that again only the first shift when you turn it on cold after that nothing happends

is this going to make my tranny last less or is it only going to do that and then work find because if its only going to do it when its going to be cold then im just going to heat up the truck for a couple of minutes when i cold start it then just take off
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I would say its a stcky valve , Though it may actually work itself free after a bit , If the shifts feel good after its warm and there are no engine lights I would not be to concerned with it

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I would say its a stcky valve , Though it may actually work itself free after a bit , If the shifts feel good after its warm and there are no engine lights I would not be to concerned with it

thank you