DWF: TODAY at TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up DWF: TODAY at TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY!

From LS2.com, the latest on the cuise TODAY!
May 12th Laps for Charity I. drive your car at Texas Motor Speedway...

[B]**UPDATE** YOU MUST BE AT THE TRACK BY 4:30PM TO MAKE THE 5:00PM LINE UP!

Okay folks...yes, there are going to be people sticking around afterwards (either for group photos, a photo in Victory Circle ($10), or to make additional laps)...the general public will be allowed in to participate after 7pm...ONLY DESIGNATED CAR CLUBS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE TRACK BETWEEN 5 and 7PM.

Regarding a prior meeting place for LS2.com - well, thats up to you guys...so long as you are at the track in time as a group you shouldn't have any problems. The Hooters sounds like a great idea tho!:yay:

FYI - DFWstangs are going to be meeting up at the Sonic on Basswood and I-35 (about 10 minutes south of the track), then heading out there as a group. If that is closer for some of you, feel free to join up with them...just try not to wax them too badly on the way to the track, mmkay gang? :p

Meeting place is at the Southeast corner of the parking area outside of the track (just south of Turn 2)...exit I-35 onto Hwy 114 west (under the bridge) and take the first turn past the lake (on your right - you will see the "floating" cars)...there is a white trailer there, and the meeting area is directly behind that (you will see others there, i.e. track volunteers to direct you)

This is an excellent time to line up cars and take photos as a group - you will sign your waiver and then be lined up to enter the track where they will guide/direct you to your starting point.

--------------------------------

FYI:
Hooters at 3:30PM in Grapevine, they're saying we're leaving at 4PM towards the TX Motor Speedway.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few of us showed up from LS2.com, it was good times.