Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&m temp guage anyone have problems with it

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default B&m temp guage anyone have problems with it

Back in december i put a B&m temp guage in my car and it never whent pass 160,but as soon as warm wether got here here it would go to 200 deg in 15 min. of driving even with a B&m cooler.Sometimes it would flicker and go down to 80deg and back up to 190 and down again and back up.So i bought a permacool cooler with a fan on it and it does the same thing.My shop said they hit it with a temp gun after driving around it would read 150 at most with the new coooler in it,and that the sending unit is bad that came with the guage.Today I drove to the movies and it whent to 200deg after 15minute of driving.I whent in and watch the movie and came out 2 hours later and started the car and it whent to 160-170deg afetr idling for a minute to light my cigarette and take a couple of puffs.I drove home which took approx.15minute and it would go to 200 and flicker down to zero and back up to 200-220. When i got home.I checked the fluid and it was bright pink,and looks good.Does anyone have this problem with a B&m temp guage should i be concerned?If it is the guage what guage should i replace it with,or could it be something else
thanks
john
Old 05-13-2007, 02:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either the sending unit or the guage is bad. I never liked the B&M tranny temp guage.
Get an autometer, I have yet to have a problem with one of thier guages.