General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

abs inop and tcs light on after header install

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs inop and tcs light on after header install

This weekend i deleted air and egr and installed a set of headers and the tsp tru dual system and when i was done and ready to test the car the abs inop and tcs lights were on and neither system was working. This also happened before, but i just slammed on the brakes at about 30 and it went off so I tried that again this times and it didnt work. I checked all the fuses and they tested fine. Is there some harness that I may have unplugged that may have effected this. I looked around under the hood and didnt see anyhting out of place. Any ideas what may have happened? If I cant figure it out I guess I will just end up deleting both which i was contemplating anyways. Just didnt know if it was a good idea being that my car is my DD.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just because those lights are on doesnt mean those things are messed up....you could have ANY sensor wire near those headers....i had a o2 sensor wire near the headers, melt slightly and that in turn blew a maf fuse....

check the load on your wires
Old 05-15-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try and get the codes pulled. The only thing I can think of that may be directly related is if you bonked the ABS block with the headers during install, or accidently ripped some wires when installing the exhaust. Otherwise it might be a pure coincidence. If you can get the code it will give us more info about where to start looking.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Launching!

The systems definatly arent working right now. When i got on the gas i get sideways and if i slam on the brakes they lockup. I will try and get some codes later this week when i meet up with my buddy with a scanner.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
On The Tree

i know this sounds dumb but just jack up each side of hte car separately and look onthe inside of the wheels to make sure all of your ABS wires are plugged in behind the caliper. once after putting on my new pads n rotors i had the same problem as you and thought a sensor went bad. a few weeks later i was looking around and found that my rear left ABS was unplugged lol. worth a shot. also try and trace each wire back from the wheel to near the headers see if you nicked it or something
Old 05-16-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

The wire for the ABS sensor on the right front wheel runs right next to the header on the passenger side. Might wana check it for burns.