General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Engine Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Coolant

every time i get on it when i'm driving the hawk the engine coolant light comes on, I checked the fluid level and it's almost completely full, Sensor problem? or and ideas
Old 05-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Launching!

yea i would start there.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the fluid level is fine and you're not overheating probably the sensor, happens a lot. You can replace the sensor, or unplug it to keep the light off.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^Yep. Happens a lot. It is located on the radiator about 3 inches down from the cap on the backside. If you plan on replacing it you'll have to open up the draincock and wait 'til it drops below the sensor level. If you haven't done a radiator flush, now would be a good time to do it. Chances are that's why the sensor is not working, probably dirty. You could try cleaning it up a bit and popping it back in. If that doesn't work you can replace it or put it back in and not plug it into the pigtail. Hope this helps.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
TECH Resident

don't take the sensor lightly though. i neglected it for 3 weeks and blew my motor after it quickly overheated on the highway. i would def go get it flushed and change coolant. can't hurt at all.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

I don't know if this is engine coolant related or radiator, but recently also when i go to turn on my car, i'll put in the cluth and turn the key and nothing will happen, no sparkage as far as i can hear, all the power just stops when i turn it, and then i wait at least 20 seconds and then it sparks up and runs.. is that a possibility? i just bought my car, i need to change the spark plugs and there's this weird pulse with the car lights when i'm in first or reversing, so i'm thinking about swapping the battery too